Hot House Crossing is a playwright development program for new immigrant and refugee artists in Canada.
Facilitated by dramaturges Santiago Guzmán and Natércia Napoleão, this online program will give playwrights the opportunity to conceive and develop the first draft of an original script.
Cahoots Theatre will support the program’s 8 playwrights with a payment of $1,500 each. Hot House Crossing will run on Zoom each Monday from February 28th to July 18th, 2022, from 6:00 – 8:30 pm Eastern Time. (Dates and times subject to change).
Through their involvement in this unit, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet and build relationships with other writers
- Develop and strengthen their playwriting skills
- Gain experience working with a dramaturge
- Connect with industry professionals
- Acquire knowledge about the business of writing
- Share excerpts of their pieces in July 2022
- Reflect on their growth and evolution as artists
We will let everyone who submitted know on February 3rd if they will be invited for a follow-up interview, to be held on Sunday, February 6, 2022.