Posted by Harbourfront Centre
Harbourfront Centre is an innovative not-for-profit cultural organization that provides internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually that enliven, educate and entertain a diverse public, from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre! To learn more about us, please visit www.harbourfrontcentre.com.
We are currently on a search for a collaborative, detail-oriented and super-organized Company Manager with great interpersonal skills who will be responsible for taking care of the administrative and logistical needs of the artists traveling to Harbourfront Centre for events and programming initiatives devised and/or produced in the Cultural Engagement (CE) and Performing Arts creative departments.
Position Title: Company Manager
Department: Cultural Engagement (CE)/Performing Arts
Reporting to: Director, Cultural Engagement
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000, including a comprehensive benefits package.
Office Assistance to the Cultural Engagement department
- Provides administrative support to Director, Managers, and Producers of the department including correspondence, circulating information, coordinating and maintaining calendar and following up on program details as requested.
- Acts as a liaison between CE and other departments, including: Finance, HR, docket circulation with Marketing and Publicity (among others).
- Coordinates the hiring and training of Administrative Assistant(s) and/or interns when those positions are necessary, including preparation and coordination of relevant new hire forms. Potentially supervises one to two assistants.
- Coordinates department meetings, including setting agendas and taking minutes.
- Assists in coordinating various departmental databases and ensures documentation is up to date i.e. facilitating financial reporting, HR manuals Finance.
- Coordinates the administrative and financial activities of the departments, including ordering supplies, submitting payment requisitions and reconciling expenses.
Artist Services for the Performing Arts and Cultural Engagement departments
- Leads contact with performing artists to arrange and track travel and hotel requirements, including ground transportation; provides on-the-ground assistance to artists during festivals and performances as required.
- Books and tracks hotel requirements and artists’ per diem for both departments.
- Tracks and provides information on international documentation as required for performing artists including but not limited to tax waivers and travel visas.
- Coordinates on-site hospitality for Artists.
- Coordinates financial payments and contract summaries for artists.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A college or university degree and/or 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Computer proficiency and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- A willingness and aptitude to learn new software systems including Artifax, as required.
- A passion for live arts.
- Proven experience tracking travel and accommodation details of multiple people simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to professionally and positively deal with performers, staff, and the public.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and practices.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Availability to varying work schedules and weekend work.
- Ability to handle conflict or high-stress situations with compusure, tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to speak additional languages outside of English is considered an asset.
- This position is based in Toronto. Currently our staff are working remotely as we continue to respond to the health and safety recommendations from the local, provincial and federal health agencies in regard to Covid-19. Initially, this position will work remotely for the majority of the hours, however, the successful candidate will be required to attend some training and/or working hours on-site at our downtown lakeside campus. We are working on a Return-to-Work plan.When it is deemed safe to re-open, this position will be required to work on site unless alternate arrangements have been approved by the Director.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY:
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the criteria of what we are seeking, and your salary expectation.
Qualified applicants can submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 20, 2021. Please quote Company Manager in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.