Deadline: July 23rd, 2021
The RBC Apprentice Program offers eight post-secondary artists one year of mentorship with The Musical Stage Company, learning from our local and visiting artists and receiving substantial showcase opportunities to help build the foundation for their careers. Our RBC Apprentice Program is made up of the winners of The Banks Prize (a cash award given to two emerging artists each year) and six emerging artists in different areas of production, including the two awardees of the Kathleen C. Freeman Leadership Development Fund.
1. Career Planning – a rigorous goal setting and artistic strategic planning process designed to help RBC Apprentices gain clarity, direction, and focus for their apprenticeship and future in the performing arts.
2. Masterclass Series – an opportunity to work one-on-one with up to three mentor/teachers on practical and/or theoretical subject matter.
3. Observational – Building upon the knowledge gained during the Masterclasses, the RBC Apprentices will observe The Musical Stage Company creative processes through a combination of our works in development and works in rehearsal/production.
4. Leadership – RBC Apprentices will have the opportunity to put their learning into practice by conceiving and creating their own creative project (The Banks Prize & RBC Apprenticeship Creators Projects) for an audience of industry leaders, donors, and musical theatre enthusiasts.
5. Reflection – Upon completion of the first four phases, the RBC Apprentices will revisit their Artistic Plan, make
adjustments (if needed) and reflect on their experiences and the impact the program has had on them artistically and professionally.
Please ensure that your submission package is received no later than July 23rd, 2021 at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RBC APPRENTICESHIP SUBMISSION.”