Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in its 56th Season in 2021/22, is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and the largest theatre for young audiences in Canada. When running at capacity, in a non-pandemic year, we typically produce and present an 8-play season with an audience of approximately 85,000 and facilitate arts education activity serving over 100,000. Housed in a renovated historical venue in downtown Toronto, YPT works on a 458-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio, as well as operating a year-round Drama School in four locations around the GTA. YPT’s operating budget is approximately $5 million and the recently launched Room for Imagination expansion project is an approximately $11 million comprehensive campaign to expand and improve YPT’s entire complex. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on both arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Associate Director of Development. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Associate Director will play a key role in the Development department, overseeing YPT’s Annual Giving campaigns, with a focus on Corporate and Foundation giving. The incumbent will also work closely with the Director to ensure that the fundraising goals for YPT’s Room for Imagination expansion project are being met, while providing additional support to the rest of the department. This position offers a salary in the range of $50,000-$55,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Please note that during the current public health crisis, YPT staff are all working remotely. As soon as the Toronto Public Health and appropriate government agencies deem it safe to do so, the position will resume its regular location at the theatre offices in downtown Toronto, but this will not likely happen until early 2022.
- Oversee YPT’s Annual Giving renewal and acquisition campaigns, with a focus on maintaining and/or increasing Corporate and Foundation revenue;
- Work with the Director of Development to reach the fundraising goals for YPT’s Room for Imagination expansion project;
- Manage donor stewardship initiatives including annual reports and ensure donor benefits are being fulfilled;
- Work with YPT’s Board of Directors on cultivating new relationships and partnerships;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- 3-5 years of equivalent work experience – not-for-profit, children & youth and/or arts experience an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Organized and meticulous attention-to-detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with donors, Board members, volunteers, staff and the general public in an efficient, tactful and friendly manner;
- Ability to work independently but also able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Enthusiasm for YPT’s mission and values, as well as fundraising;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in keeping with legal and generally accepted professional practices;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, when we return to in-person programming.
In accordance with YPT’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: email@example.com with the subject line “Associate Director of Development position”. Applications for consideration must be received by Friday, July 30, 2021.
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Posted by Young People’s Theatre