Posted by Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
Position Type: part-time hourly/ non-exempt of overtime
Positions Available: 3
Hourly Wage: $17
Department: Box Office/Front of House
Posting Date: November 3, 2022
Closing Date: November 14, 2022
Start Date: November 21, 2022
We are looking to grow our front-of-house and box office team with individuals who are logical, responsible, and perform well in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, people who want to join the team at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre. Reporting to the Box Office/Front of House Manager and the Box Office/Front of House Lead when the Lead is acting as Duty Manager.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to email@example.com
- Processes all telephone and walk-up ticket orders (including subscriptions and donations)
- Ensures the security of box office revenue
- Advises patrons about seating and pricing
- Informs the Managers when supplies are running low
- Knowledgeable of performance schedules and marketing strategies relevant to ticket sales
- Follows all box office policies and procedures as set forth by BO/FOH management
- Maintains an accurate float count and completes accurate cash out procedures at the end of shift
- Informs the Manager on duty of all significant overages/shortages found during the cash out procedure
- Provides the best customer service possible to all patrons entering the theatre
- Responds accurately to patron inquiries pertaining to the box office, including but not limited to the length of show/run, warnings, age specific restrictions, local restaurants, parking and concerns regarding service charges.
- Assists in verifying COVID-19 vaccination status of patrons and other stakeholders entering the building
- Informs BO/FOH management of patrons with access needs who will be attending a performance, so that they may be accommodated efficiently and appropriately
- Collects tickets and hands out show specific programs
- Watches the performance that they are scheduled to work, unless otherwise informed, and monitors audience for potential problems
- Responsible for showing up on time, signing in and out at the beginning and end of each shift and must be present when they are on the clock and prepared to fulfill any work responsibilities
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, late nights and some holidays
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Basic accounting and mathematical skills
- Enjoys dealing with the public and volunteers
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner under pressure
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
- Experience on the Arts Management Theatre Manager software an asset but not essential
- Cash management experience preferred
- Must be dependable, punctual, and able to work collaboratively
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, and self-motivated
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Queer positive and respectful of difference
All employees at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be considered all candidates must provide proof of vaccination (at least two doses), completed at least two weeks prior to their employment start date.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter in one PDF file to: Julia Lewis, Box Office and Front of House Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00pm on Monday, November 14th. Please include the names and emails/phone numbers of 2 references.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.