Posted by TO Live
TO Live is currently seeking Concession Attendant to join us for our diverse lineup of shows and other activities at Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre.
These are seasonal part-time positions for outgoing customer service oriented team players that thrive in a fast paced, diverse theatre environment.
These positions work a varied schedule including weekdays, weekday evenings and weekends. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work any of the above. Weekday matinee shifts are mandatory. This is a unionized position; successful candidates will be required to join IATSE Local B-173.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain all stock items related to food and beverage at each stand.
- Take orders from patrons including food, soft drinks, beer and wine.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes, e.g. mix cocktails with up to a maximum two alcoholic ingredients, and serves wine or beer or ready to drink products.
- Ring orders into register, collect payment and make change.
- Verify legal age of patrons when required.
- Practice safe serving techniques and inform supervisor of any action that is necessary.
- Informs supervisor of any supplies required.
- Arrange bottles to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- Maintain storage room of supplies in an orderly fashion.
- Concession Attendants may be asked to set up food and beverage stations on or near the concession stands they have been assigned to work.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Smart Serve Certified.
- Legal age to serve alcohol in Ontario.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a comparable food and beverage environment (including cash-handling and serving alcohol).
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighting up to 45 pounds and occasionally greater.
- Ability to understand and follow directions from a supervisor.
- Self-motivated and team player.
- Displays high initiative and requires minimal supervision.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Well-groomed, mannerly, co-operative and outwardly friendly (team-oriented).
- Flexibility in hours includes occasional work on days, nights and weekends as required.
- Loud noise during some performances and events.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
- Adhere to the TO Live Health and Safety Policies and protocols, including COVID-19 vaccine and guidelines
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls or emails please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: December 8, 2021
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Salary: Minimum Wage
Start Date: As soon as possible