Posted by Harbourfront Centre
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board an experienced, detail-attentive and collaborative Senior Accountant/Treasury Analyst to prepare, manage, and reconcile a range of financial activities and transactions, as well as to provide thoughtful analysis on improving processes and cost efficiencies.
Position Title: Senior Accountant/Treasury Analyst
Reporting To: Controller
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Work Location: Toronto
Compensation: Annual salary of $60,000 to $65,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package
- Accurately prepare on a timely basis the daily/monthly/annual cash management forecasts for all CAD/USD bank accounts. Monitor all bank activity and investigate outstanding transactions.
- Prepare all CAD/USD monthly bank reconciliations. Investigate and resolve any unexplained transactions, variances and discrepancies. Communicate and follow-up with bank contact as required.
- Create, maintain and reconcile monthly loan and capital lease payments and borrowings against schedules to ensure compliance with contractual obligations. Prepare monthly journal entries to reflect balances and proper classification of short term and long term debt.
- Balance and maintain all Fixed Asset and Grant Amortization Schedules. Scrutinize transactions recorded as capital and ensure they meet criteria for capitalization. Review maintenance and supply accounts to ensure proper account classification.
- Reconcile and record sales generated by Parking, Retail services and Outlets & Recreations departments.
- Assist Finance and other internal parties with banking related questions (confirmation of money receipts and payments)
- Liaises with external auditors regarding accounts for receivables, payables, bank reconciliations, loans, leases, capital assets and other related areas. Assist with completion of client assistance package and financial statements.
- Analyze, including but not limited to, calculations of credit card usage, discount rates, services fees, chargebacks, and associated changes in various account balances. Suggest internal control procedures as they relate to the processing of debit and credit card transactions. Research and recommend methods to streamline accounts and reduce fees. Act as primary contact for POS machine information and trouble-shooting. Liaise with payment processing provider as required.
- Prepare customer and vendor credit applications and access payment portals
- Perform other duties as assigned, and as needed.
- An intermediate/senior-level CPA and 5 years’ experience in computerized accounting environment.
- Knowledge of computers/computer software and proficiency with spreadsheet applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative spirit and an efficiency/improvement mindset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
Open: We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
Brave: To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
Rigorous: We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
Kind: We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
How To Apply
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating salary expectations and why you would be the perfect fit for the role.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22, 2022. Please quote Senior Accountant/Treasury Analyst in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.