Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
TO Live’s Operations Department is currently accepting applications for the full-time role of Facilities Manager. Working under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Manager has a broad set of responsibilities including supporting the management of building Facility Services staff, coordination with vendors and contractors and TO Live’s health and safety policies and programs. Extensive collaboration is required with various TO Live departments to contribute to the successful execution of TO Live shows and events.
- Provide support to the day to day operations, show and events occurring at TO Live venues including frequent rounds to all locations and activities occurring at TO Live.
- Provide support in overseeing the cleaning staff and support the event and show planning and execution.
- Monitor operations and maintenance staff schedules and ensure all schedules fall within budget.
- Support the Director of Facilities in payroll approval processes.
- In coordination with the Director of Facilities, manage building security, including key and fob entry systems, security cameras and access control systems.
- Manage TO Live’s Computerized Maintenance Management System to ensure all on-demand and schedule work orders are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with the Director of Facilities in department procurement ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Order supplies and maintain inventories of supplies and equipment ensuring consistent price monitoring and comparisons.
- Ensure preventative and reactive maintenance program is being followed.
- Responsible for compliance with requirements of Occupational Health & Safety Act as related to building operations and facilities.
- Ensure TO Live’s health and safety policies and programs are adhered to.
- Ensure TO Live’s emergency and fire safety plan is executed and adhered to.
- Support the Director of Facilities in tracking and reviewing utility consumption, identify waste and seek opportunities to change and improve.
- Deliver responsible recycling and waste management programs that reflect best practices for office recyclables and final waste of garbage.
- Develop improvements and ongoing expansion plans where possible to enhance green initiatives.
- Work with the Director of Facilities to identify and coordinate any building improvement projects.
- Attend all TO Live Operational Meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Be on-call for security and urgent matters, after hours, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and/or their designate.
- FM certification or similar education/training a strong asset.
- Minimum 4 years of direct relevant facilities management or related field.
- Knowledge of physical plant and building and maintenance systems.
- Exceptional supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal communication abilities along with strong organization skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Practical knowledge of employment, labour and health and safety laws and regulations.
- WHMIS, First Aid/CPR/AED certified.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Must be available for on-call after regular operating hours as required includes evenings, weekend and statutory holidays.
- Must be a team player, committed to sustaining quality facility environments.
- Variable and often long hours; nights and weekends, including responding to afterhours emergency situations.
- Liaison for afterhours security call list.
- Frequent travel between the three TO Live venues.
- The work is performed mostly in an office environment, however, at times there will be exposure to various weather conditions, as well as mechanical room and workshop environments.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Posted by TO Live