Posted by www.kaeja.org
Kaeja d’Dance invites applications for volunteers to serve on our Board of Directors. The board is currently seeking applications for Director positions commencing in January 2022 for a 1 – 2 year term.
The board is charged with ensuring that Kaeja d’Dance is a thriving vital dance company, both in its internal operations and external position and profile in the broader community. Aside from its legal and fiduciary responsibilities, the board of director’s mission is as follows: to support the company’s mandate and activities through active involvement, and through the provision of professional expertise; to promote the company’s interests by nurturing relationships on its behalf, and bringing these interested parties and their resources to the company; and to ensure the company’s long-term health by practicing good governance and oversight. The board will also participate in Kaeja d’Dance’s ongoing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion work, which is integral to all of our activities.
Required Scope of work for Board of Directors:
- Attend regular meetings (conference call and/or video conference acceptable) of the Kaeja d’Dance Board of Directors, which meets five (5) times per year. Each meeting is approximately two hours in duration, with the final one being four hours. Be accessible for personal contact in between board meetings via email correspondence and phone calls.
- Provide leadership to board committees. Each board director is expected to serve as an active, ongoing member of at least one committee. This requires up to 5 meetings per year plus individual committee task completion time.
- Prepare in advance for decision-making and policy formation at board meetings; take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
- Responsibly review and act upon committee recommendations brought to the board for action.
- Participate in the annual board development and planning retreat (the 5th board meeting) of each year prior to Annual General Conference.
- In general, utilize personal and professional skills, relationships and knowledge for the advancement of Kaeja d’Dance.
- Represent Kaeja d’Dance in the community.
- Assist with fundraising for Kaeja d’Dance, including donor cultivation, seeking out corporate sponsorships, and selling tickets to performances.
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member. (Approximately 25 – 40 hours per year)
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Non-profit board experience is preferred
- Previous knowledge of Kaeja d’Dance’s work is considered an asset but not required.
Term begins in January 2022; board members must have the ability to serve for a minimum of one (1) year and are eligible for re-election at the annual general meeting for consecutive years.
The board of directors is made up of committed volunteers who have a demonstrated interest in Kaeja d’Dance, leadership potential and/or specific skills/knowledge/experience that would be of benefit to the Toronto Dance culture. One of the governance values of the company is to balance gender, race, ethnicity, diversity, age and lived-experience in its recruitment process. We actively encourage applications from all interested candidates.
All applicants must complete the application form linked here with a 100 word biography and a 100 word statement of interest of why you wish to serve on the Board of Directors and how you would support the Mission of Kaeja d’Dance by no later than November 15, 2021 at 5pm.