Posted by Soundstreams
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
Terms: Full-time, 40 hours/week, annual salary of $55,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include health benefits, performance tickets, professional development, flexible work schedule and paid vacation.
Soundstreams is a global leader in the presentation of innovative, groundbreaking, and immersive contemporary musical experiences. Founded in 1982, Soundstreams’ curatorial platform has introduced audiences to over 170 works from some of the finest and most groundbreaking composers of our age, from R. Murray Schafer to Nicole Lizée.
From concert performances, to fully staged opera/music theatre, and everything in between, no two Soundstreams’ productions are the same. Soundstreams presents an annual Main Stage performance series in Toronto, and our touring projects are sought after by the world’s most prestigious festivals and venues.
Recent major projects bring to light under-represented voices, such as gay composer Claude Vivier’s Musik für das Ende; and the first operas written in the Indigenous languages of Cree and Sámi, Two Odysseys: Pimooteewin / Gállábártnit. Soundstreams is a three-time JUNO nominee and recipient of the Lieutenant Governor’s Award for the Arts.
Soundstreams is an equal-opportunity employer, and we believe that our organization is stronger when we have a team that reflects our city’s diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Soundstreams is currently seeking a full time Marketing and Audience Engagement Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director and working in tandem with the Artistic Director and Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of Soundstreams’s marketing and audience engagement strategies.
- Develop, implement, and manage detailed marketing, promotional and publicity plans, including public relations to support a robust season of concert and production activities using a range of effective vehicles, for example newsletters, blog, website updates, social media, etc.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain and grow audiences (targeted campaigns, subscriptions, ticket sales)
- Manage marketing sub-contractors (graphic designers, publicists, etc.)
- Ensure that all outgoing materials consistently represent the desired Soundstreams look and feel and that all messaging supports and reinforces the mission.
- Organize the production of marketing materials in collaboration with Soundstreams’ leadership (season brochure, posters, postcards, print and online ads, show programs, videos etc).
- Oversee the creation and distribution of media press releases for season shows and auxiliary programming. Pitch targeted press and ensure they receive information and gain access for Media opening nights.
- With the Executive Director, track audience attendance, trends, ticket sales, complimentary ticket distribution and other metrics to assist in strategic planning regarding audience engagement and reach.
- Act as a key liaison to box office personnel and systems and represent Soundstreams at events, curtain calls, talk-backs, fundraisers, pitches, etc. as needed. Oversee and manage tickets and subscription sales; event pages; and ensure a positive front-of-house experience for attendees.
- With the Manager of Advancement and Patron Engagement, coordinate and execute membership programs, benefits and recognition.
- Thrives working both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a high proficiency in design programs and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint). Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp, and iMovie, and an understanding of HTML is an asset.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to handle concurrent projects.
- Innovative approach to ways to market and sell to enhance the audience experience.
- Exceptional people skills to deal effectively with different stakeholders
- Minimum of two years work experience in marketing, producing, communications and/or equivalent position.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in communication, arts administration, business management and/or fundraising.
- Experience and passion for working in the arts.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position 40 hours per week, with an annual salary of $55,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include health benefits, performance tickets, professional development, flexible work schedule and paid vacation. There will be requirements to work flex time with evening and weekend work.
How to Apply
We ask that applicants submit a cover letter and resume, and this position will remain open until filled. In the cover letter, please let us know what interests you about working for Soundstreams and how do you feel you are qualified for this position.
Please apply in confidence by email to Beth Brown, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org re: Marketing and Audience Engagement Manager. Should you have any questions, please feel free to email Beth Brown at the previously mentioned email.
Please note that showing proof of full vaccination in accordance with government issued workplace health and safety guidelines is a requirement of employment at Soundstreams. Reasonable accommodation will be made for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons under the Human Rights Code.
Soundstreams’ staff continue to work remotely in accordance with government issued workplace health and safety guidelines, however, this will eventually be an in-person position.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.