Posted by The Factory Theatre Lab
Title: Marketing Assistant
Hours: Part-Time, Contract
Engagement Terms: Freelance, Fixed term nine-month contract
Contract Dates: October 2021 – June 2022, flexible
Fee: $22.50 an hour (average of 24 hours of work per week for 37 weeks)
Application Deadline: September 23, 5:00 PM
The Marketing Assistant role is a part-time contract position reporting to the Marketing & Audience Development Manager. A vital member of Factory Theatre’s Marketing and Communications team, the Marketing Assistant will be involved in supporting and executing the company’s multi-platform marketing initiatives, with a specific focus on digital marketing, including emails, website, and social media.
CORE OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the organization’s Marketing & Communications activities.
- Manage and execute the organization’s marketing e-blasts.
- Produce engaging content for Factory Theatre’s social media channels.
- Develop content for Factory’s website, ensuring it is up-to-date, accurate, and engaging.
- Assist in planning and execution of promotional photo shoots, film shoots, publicity spots, audience engagement events and other marketing occasions as they arise.
- Devise and write effective, accurate marketing copy and press releases that reflect Factory’s brand strategy for a range of promotional materials and content.
- Coordinate mail-outs, advertising, and print distribution.
- Support community outreach and audience development strategies.
- Gather materials for Factory Theatre’s house programmes.
- Perform other duties as required and general clerical duties.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative and strategic thinking individual who has recently graduated from a post-secondary marketing/PR program or has 1 year of marketing experience. Experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, One Drive, Airtable, and Spektrix is not essential but considered an asset.
Factory Theatre is currently working primarily in a virtual office, with optional limited access to our office facilities. We anticipate returning to an in-person work environment during the term of the contract. Factory will supply necessary computer equipment and software for the period of virtual work. Additional benefits include flexible work hours, comp tickets, and opportunities for professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume with cover letter and two references in a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on September 23. Please mention Marketing Assistant in the subject line.
Factory is committed to offer an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments and encourage applications from BIPOC, queer, gender diverse, d/Deaf, and disabled applicants. If you require accommodations or have access needs at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them to email@example.com.