Ontario Culture Days
Application Deadline: Monday, January 24, 2022 at 5pm ET.
Contract: ASAP – December 16, 2022 (possibility for renewal)
Terms: 32-35 hours/week, $30/hour; Health Benefits Allowance & Employee Assistance Plan
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Ontario Culture Days, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing the Ontario Culture Days marketing and communications, and achieving the goals and objectives related to Ontario Culture Days communication and engagement with the arts/culture sector, tourism sector, arts/culture audiences, and public.
- Proactively managing the day-to-day forward movement requirements for all marketing and communications campaigns, projects, programs, and team members
- Managing ONCD relationships with external communications and marketing team members, consultants, and suppliers, including:
- Marketing & Communications Consultant/Projects Director
- Media Relations / PR Consultant
- Graphic Designer / Webmaster
- Website Developer
- Developing and managing the implementation of marketing campaigns for ONCD programs and projects
- Developing, managing and implementing the Ontario Culture Days content strategy for e-news, editorial stories, and website content. Ensuring content that fulfills ONCD’s organizational objectives, all deadlines are met, and all content is complete and top-quality.
- Writing, creating and deploying email newsletters and other email communication to email subscribers, organizers network, and others
- Researching, writing, and commissioning relevant editorial stories for our online channels
- Managing the content of ONCD websites, including proactively making content updates and edits
- Tracking and reporting on Ontario Culture Days community and engagement, including website visits and visitor profiles, social media followers and engagement, enews subscriptions and opt-outs and open rates, social media advertising performance, and other relevant analytics
- Developing and executing special campaigns and projects
- Supervising support staff in the areas of marketing and communications, as well as collaborating with all Ontario Culture Days staff in a positive and proactive manner
We are looking for someone to add to our team, who:
- Has excellent project management skills
- Has excellent interpersonal and human relations skills
- Has excellent story-creation, writing, and editing skills
- Has excellent time and task management skills
- Is Bilingual in French & English (strong preference)
- Inspires their colleagues with knowledge, skills, energy, and passion
- Fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and personal accountability
- Supports a culture that actively raises the bar within Ontario Culture Days and beyond
- Proactively establishes and maintains positive and effective working team relationships
- Understands and enforces all company policies and procedures
- Minimum 5-years of experience working in a similar communications management role, related to the arts, culture and heritage sector; tourism experience is an asset
- Possess a solid understanding of effective grassroots and digital marketing techniques
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- A solid understanding of WordPress, CreativeSuite, MailChimp, Buffer
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, etc.)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
About Ontario Culture Days
Ontario Culture Days is dedicated to supporting the vibrancy of Ontario’s arts and culture sector as a means of enriching our communities. We envision a sector in which each and every person has the opportunity to participate; where arts and culture is integral to everyone’s day-to-day lives, and recognized as essential to a thriving society. We achieve our mission through:
Participation & Exploration: We support programming that encourages broad participation in arts and culture experiences. We forefront voices that might not otherwise be heard, and foster exploration that is curious, empathic and joyful.
Equity & Accessibility: Striving for equity is integral to achieving our mission of a vibrant sector. We are committed to reducing barriers to accessibility, and dismantling the structures and systems that support inequity.
Collaboration, Partnership & Networking: We provide broad geographic and sectoral support by collaborating with partners, and fostering a far-reaching network of leaders. Through collaboration, we better understand our communities, recognize opportunities, and realize mutual benefits.
Sustainability: We are committed to sustainable growth and financial responsibility. We develop and build lasting relationships with our stakeholders to strengthen our capacity and leverage funding. We offer fair and equitable fees/wages/ compensation.