Deadline: August 07, 2021
Position: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Program & Partnerships Senior Manager
Location: Toronto, starting remotely and later working from our CSI locations
Position Type: 1-year contract, with the possibility of renewal
Work Hours: 37.5h/week, Mon-Fri
Starting Salary: $56,450-62,722 annually, commensurate with experience, plus benefits after probation period.
ABOUT TECHSOUP CANADA
At TechSoup Canada, we believe technology is key to helping nonprofits achieve their full potential. We work to lower the barriers to technology through access to tools and knowledge. One of our core programs involves access to discounted technology products from over 30 companies such as Microsoft, Zoom, Symantec and Cisco to eligible charities, nonprofits, and public libraries. We also create and share resources such as articles, blogs, and webinars to help nonprofits learn about how to use technology to advance their missions.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION
TechSoup Canada is a program of the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world. CSI provides its members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to create a better world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The TechSoup Canada Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing marketing tactics and strategy. The role aims to drive new member acquisition, member retention and conversion (ordering from our eCommerce platforms), and strengthening the TechSoup Canada and common platform brands by developing marketing collateral and assets. Working together with the TechSoup Canada team, the Centre for Social Innovation team and TechSoup Global Network, you will use all channels (email, social media, events, traditional media) to grow and deepen our engaged community of Canadian changemakers to use our marketplace.
- RECRUIT NEW MEMBERS (MEMBER ACQUISITION VIA FREE REGISTRATION)
- Increase members’ use of the technology access program (conversion)
- Strengthen our brand (awareness of consistent visual brand online and offline)
- Generate customer insight (addressable market research, technology company research, member research on needs and wants)
- Lead new member acquisition by developing and executing acquisition strategy and tactics
- Strategy will likely comprise of, but is not bound to, a combination of network partnership building, lead generation, web, digital campaigns, display advertising campaigns, traditional media campaigns, SEO/SEM, existing member engagement and referral engine development.
- Conduct addressable market research to guide and inform strategy.
- Lead activation initiatives to drive member retention and re-engage inactive members
- Conduct customer research to best serve our members (e.g. surveys, focus groups to understand customer needs, wants, preferences)
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Conduct research to understand technology trends and individual technology company strategies to inform on member engagement strategy
- Generate marketing content to drive awareness of offers and how best to navigate our programs and website (e.g. Product Alerts email campaigns, New Program Launch campaigns, targeted product campaigns etc.)
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral and assets in a consistent visual brand online and offline (e.g. Brand Book, branded illustrations, business cards, banners and promotional graphics, web content and other web properties)
- Administer email marketing system, emails subscriptions, email campaign and webinar list
- Drive conversion using all available channels (e.g. conduct targeted campaigns, on-going drip campaigns)
- Report on KPIs of team health, member registration and order conversion
- Continuously identify areas for improvement in our programs and processes
- Contribute and support the development of the overall TechSoup Canada team strategy
- Participate in other areas of TechSoup Canada’s activities and programs as needed
- 3-5+ years of work experience in Marketing (online and offline) driving customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector in Canada
- Experience in project management, social media, e-commerce, digital marketing, marketing campaign management, and market research (primary and secondary)
- Intermediate experience in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to edit existing marketing collateral (bonus: working knowledge of the entire Adobe Creative Cloud Suite)
- Experience using Mailchimp, Google Analytics
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Fluent in English; strong preference will be given to candidates bilingual in French
- Strong spoken and written communication skills to convey complicated ideas in a clear, friendly and engaging manner
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player in a small, highly collaborative environment, demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work
- Knowledge of products by Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, Intuit, Cisco and other popular technology that would be beneficial to the nonprofit sector
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until August 07, 2021. Please submit your full application here, including your resume and cover letter as soon as you are interested. Only those selected will be contacted via e-mail and/or phone call.
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any our spaces – we will be happy to work with you on any accommodation requests.
TechSoup Canada is located at 192 Spadina Ave. – Suite 203, Centre for Social Innovation, in Toronto, ON.
For more information about TechSoup Canada, visit www.techsoupcanada.ca.