Posted by Native Earth Performing Arts
Application Deadline: Wednesday January 26, 2022
Start Date: Monday February 7, 2022
Native Earth Performing Arts is a not-for-profit theatre organization dedicated to the creating, developing and producing of professional artistic expression of the Indigenous experience in Canada. Through stage productions (theatre, dance and multi-disciplinary), new script development, apprenticeships and internships, Native Earth seeks to fulfill a community of artistic visions.
Native Earth Performing Arts is seeking a Patron Services Representative to assist with box office and front-of-house for Aki Studio, a 120 seat black-box theatre located in Regent Park’s cultural hub, the Daniels Spectrum. Aki Studio is Native Earth’s performance space and is rented year-round primarily for theatre performances.
Reporting to the Patron Services Coordinator, the Patron Services Representative’s duties include:
- Processing ticket orders placed by phone and in person using ticketing software Sumac.
- Providing exemplary customer service to the general public regarding Native Earth, its programs, and rentals.
- Soliciting individual and group ticket sales via email, telephone and in-person communications.
- Supervising, training and recruiting volunteers in front-of-house and ushering duties.
- Reconciling cash and point-of-sale transactions, as well as other end-of-day facility lock-up procedures.
- Performing Merchandise sales as applicable.
- Representing Native Earth Performing Arts and rental companies in a professional manner.
- In case of emergency, responding to and assessing the situation, giving aid if appropriate, and obtaining necessary help if warranted under the established guidelines.
- Customer database management, final show reports, and other administrative duties, as necessary.
- Box office and front-of-house management duties as required in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Cleaning of the studio space, office space and box office when needed.
Covid-19 Additional Duties
- Following and maintaining Covid-19 Guidelines and Procedures for staff and audiences.
- Checking audience vaccination statuses.
- Maintaining the PPE and Cleaning Materials inventory and keeping track of inventory.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation duties before/after shows and on admin shifts.
- Additional Covid-19 protocols as needed (due to the evolving nature of the pandemic).
- Communication of Covid-19 Protocols to Patrons.
- Available to work evening, weekends and some day shifts.
- Cash-handling and reconciliation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively problem solving customer service and technical issues.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous arts.
- A respect for Indigenous contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Previous front-of-house and box office/ticketing software experience an asset.
- First Aid Certification an asset.
- At this time we are only accepting fully vaccinated applicants due to the public facing nature of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit by email a single file (PDF or Word format) with the title format as LastName_FirstName.pdf or.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. This single document should include a cover letter, CV or resume, and three professional references. Please send your email with the subject line “Patron Services Representative.”
Please include in your application your proof of vaccination.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. All applications are considered confidential. Native Earth Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage submissions from culturally diverse applicants. We especially encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous*.