Deadline: Monday, June 7
About The Role:
Reporting to the Artistic Director and Managing Director, the Production Manager is responsible for managing all production and technical elements for Toronto Dance Theatre. The role supervises all production related staff, oversees production budgets and ensures a safe working environment for artists and staff. The Production Manager will have an interest in collaborating with a variety of artists and playing an active part in the creative process while ensuring high quality production value for all activities of the Company. The role will also be responsible for overseeing the upkeep of the theatre and related technical elements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Supervise technical staff including contracted production team and volunteers, including hiring, onboarding and scheduling staff
– Work with Managing Director to set production budgets and manage expenditures, ensuring adherence to budgets
– Maintain health and safety practices, ensuring production and technical staff are trained and compliant with current legislation
– Create and maintain production season and year-round schedules for TDT and 80 Winchester, collaborating with Winchester Street Theatre’s Director of Operations and The School of Toronto Dance Theatre’s production staff
– Provide technical support during production season to daily rehearsal and creation process of TDT’s ensemble
– Oversee external theatre rentals as it relates to staffing and scheduling
– Other duties as assigned
To view full job posting, visit https://tdt.org/careers
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resumé in one PDF by email email@example.com no later than Monday June 7 2021, outlining why you are the right candidate for the position. We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto Dance Theatre is committed to employment equity through a process which identifies and eliminates any discrimination in the organization’s employment procedures and policies. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who identify as LGBTQ2+, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, people of colour, and people with disabilities