Reporting to and working with the Director, Chan Hon Goh, the new Associate Director will be the face of Goh Ballet in its Toronto market. In the role, you will manage and strategize the growth of Goh Ballet Bayview ensuring all business development initiatives are aligned with the brand. You will oversee all day-to-day operations of the studio to ensure it is running smoothly. Key to success will be your ability to lead the growth of the studio, to help honor the brand while also building the team. To succeed you are driven by integrity, enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit and a solid understanding of art education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development – In partnership with the Director, lead the growth of the Toronto Bayview location.
- Marketing & PR – Lead marketing initiatives and ensure all presence is in alignment with the strategic plan and business development priorities
- Communication – Oversee written communications for our website, social media accounts and business development content in accordance with our communications plan
- Stakeholder Management – Manage relationships with key external stakeholders, vendors and develop partnerships to further promote the work of Goh Ballet
- Day-to-day operations – Oversee payroll, AR & AP, budgeting, financial planning and managing administrative staff. Ensure all operational programs, processes and activities are running efficiently and in line with the strategic priorities of the Academy.
- Program Management – Oversee class registrations, handle rental bookings, assist with management of faculty and pianists
- HR – Lead support staff, third-party contractors and ongoing recruitment as needed. Lead HR programs and practices including maintaining appropriate HR files. Develop, recommend approval and maintain staff hours and vocational schedules.
- Technology – Manage IT infrastructure including hardware, software, network, security and backup, support and maintenance, connectivity issues, troubleshoot other IT problems
- Insurance – Ensure insurance contracts maintenance and compliance with contracts.
- Production – Supervise and ensure readiness for and implementation of all events on the annual calendar
- Fundraising – Oversee all partnerships and sponsorships ties to the fundraising annual plan.
- Lead special projects as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with a desire to actively innovate and improve current operations, and the ability to cultivate and maintain a positive and engaging team culture. Our ideal new Director recognizes the entrepreneurial nature of running an arts program which will require evening and weekend coverage. Other qualifications include:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Business Administration or Arts Administration)
- 5+ years of managerial and/or operations specific role ideally within an arts environment.
- Proven success with copy writing and marketing with good understanding of social media platforms and how to promote programs
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to develop unique and effective solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with technology including working with vendors and excellent usage of MS Office Suite, G Suite and cloud management
- Basic accounting skills and experience with budgeting and accounts payables/receivables
- Experience with data management, administrative processes and knowledge of administrative principles and best practices
- Previous experience with a student and client database system such as MindBody or Jackrabbit Class an asset
Goh Ballet provides an inspiring, challenging, and creative work environment. It supports its administrative team members with opportunities for professional development and advancement. This position is ideal for an Arts Administrator seeking that next step-up in their career.
Goh Ballet Academy has asked WMC to oversee this important recruitment initiative on their behalf.
Goh Ballet and WMC are committed to employment equity through a process which identifies and eliminates any discrimination in the organization’s employment procedures and policies. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who identify as LGBTQ2+, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your resume, or for more information, please contact one of us at WMC:
Kataneh Sherkat |Engagement Lead|E: firstname.lastname@example.org | D: (604) 868-9215
Alan Small |Engagement Consultant|E: email@example.com | D: (289) 259-3078
Arthur Lyons |Research Consultant|E: firstname.lastname@example.org | D: (604) 632-4084