Posted by House + Body Theatre
CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS – House + Body Theatre in association with Canada Council for the Arts is seeking one emerging artist for an Assistant Director/Script Supervisor position on an upcoming project. This will be a week long workshop process from 12-4pm with some additional work outside of rehearsal time.
Overview: Talking to Dead Cats in the Night is a new one act play that follows two sisters on one hilarious and whimsical night as they bury the corpse of their long-dead childhood cat. As they dig, they uncover more of themselves, their past, their family and the intergenerational trauma that ties them all together. This story looks deeper into sisterhood, addiction, mental illness and the deep love that unites a family.
Rehearsal Dates: December 12th – 16th, 2022.
Compensation: $600 honorarium.
This position will involve:
- Attending all rehearsals at the Railpath Centre for the Arts
- Maintaining detailed notes during the creative process
- Tracking all script changes and keeping clear notes on script alterations
- Providing production support to the director
A successful candidate is someone who:
- Has experience working in a creative rehearsal room
- Is interested in deconstructing the hierarchical creative process
- Is incredibly detail oriented, organized and focused
- Is fully vaccinated against COVID19 and willing to comply with current COVID19 protocols
This position will be prioritizing emerging POC and Indigenous voices but we are happily accepting applications from people of all walks of life!
Deadline to submit is Tuesday, November 15th, 2022. Applications may be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please send a cover letter and resume, preferably in PDF format, with “Assistant Director” in subject line.
For more information, accommodations, or questions, please contact Kiera at email@example.com.