COVID Compliance Manager
FT Contract Position: $1,000/week
Start Date: October 18, 2021 through April 1, 2022
Currently in an artistic leadership transition, Tarragon is a theatre that creates, develops and produces new Canadian plays and provides the conditions for that new work to thrive through high-quality development, production and administrative infrastructure. The theatre trains and supports new generation, emerging and established artists through extensive residencies, flexible play development programs and substantial producing capabilities. To complement its new creations, Tarragon presents new plays from across Canada, revives significant Canadian plays, produces international work, and runs education and community engagement programs. Its rehearsal halls, Workspace and Extraspace are used extensively by the arts community for the creation and production of new work.
About the Position:
Tarragon Theatre is currently recruiting a COVID Compliance Manager to join our 2021-22 Season. Reporting to the Production Manager and Director of Patron Services, the incumbent is responsible for supporting our staff to maintain high standards of COVID-19 Safety Protocols in all areas of our operations and providing guidance to all departments towards risk-mitigation and controls.
The COVID Compliance Manager’s Duties & Responsibilities are:
- Manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol, and operate with authority.
- Act as a resource to all departments, with the primary focus being the safety of staff, renters and artists in rehearsals and performances, but also assisting with the implementation of the necessary policies for a safe reopening for limited audiences.
- Attend staff and planning meetings as required.
- Research and disseminate latest updates and/or changes to restrictions from Federal, Provincial, Regional and Municipal Government and Health Authorities and applicable Associations and Unions.
- Manage stock of PPE for dispersal and maintenance of all back of house, front of house and ancillary events as related to Tarragon’s programing.
- Provide training and information on proper use of PPE, disinfecting/cleaning/sanitizing products and techniques.
- Provide reports regarding concerns, violations and compliance.
- Create and Maintain Records and Policies as required.
- Update and Revise Tarragon Theatre COVID Safety Plans in collaboration with Senior Management
- Maintain confidential information and comply with all privacy laws and regulations, which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Other duties as assigned with relation to COVID Compliance and Safety protocols.
The candidate should be familiar with theatre practices, current facts about transmission of the virus, and safety regulations. They should also be able to implement the necessary protocols should an outbreak occur, including any testing of staff as required by health authorities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by October 1, 2021 in a combined pdf to Gerry Egan, Production Manager and Natasha Parsons, Director of Patron Services c/o email@example.com.
Tarragon Theatre believes in a richly inclusive working environment and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation pertaining to accessibility at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Tarragon, please visit our website: www.tarragontheatre.com