Posted by TO Live
TO Live’s Finance department has a full-time opportunity for a Financial Analyst. This role provides support by assisting the accounting department in various areas as needed, directed, and assigned but namely: general ledger analysis and reconciliations, capital project reporting and Toronto Live Foundation full accounting cycle. This role will play a key part in the set-up, development, and implementation of TO Live’s accounting system for its Foundation as we prepare to launch major donation campaigns next year.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Prepares reconciliations and supports Audit work preparation
- Assist with regular Toronto Live Foundation reporting and analysis.
- Work with the Development team in processing and recording of donations, tax receipts through the Foundation CRM.
- Assist with financial reports for all Capital projects by coordinating with Capital Project Managers, Procurement Coordinator, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate, review and assist in analyzing monthly construction progress billing invoices to ensure billing accuracy, fee reconciliation and ledger balance.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly job costs allocations and budget reporting.
- Support in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances with other departments at TO Live as part of the monthly financial close.
- Support with banking needs, and cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Support with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Controller to manage the annual audit process and fulfill year end audit requirements.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Research and recommend business process changes for implementation, including queries around registered charities and the CRA.
- Act as backup to the Controller and Senior Accountant.
- Contribute to department and organizational special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Finance & Administration and/or Director of Finance.
- Three to five years of specific industry experience in financial analysis, charitable sector, operational accounting, and financial statement preparation.
- Completion, or significant progress towards final stages of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Prior experience in developing and implementing GLs, or other financial software is highly recommended.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management software, including a high-level knowledge and aptitude with advanced functions of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite productivity applications.
- Excellent analytical and self-starter skills; strong detail orientation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Planning and organizing skills to coordinate conflicting deadlines and interruptions.
- Prior experience working in the performing arts, theatre, live music, or event management highly recommended.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required
- Lack of natural light in workplace
- Travel between TO LIVE venues as required
- Adhere to the TO Live Health & Safety policies and protocols including Covid vaccine and guidelines.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is dedicated to building an equitable and inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities that we work and live in. TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: October 07, 2021
Application Deadline: October 21, 2021
Remuneration: $50,000 – $60,000
Start Date: As soon as possible