CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: RHUBARB ARTISTIC INTERNS
THE 40TH RHUBARB FESTIVAL
WEIRD WILD WONDERFUL
February 13-24, 2019
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, Toronto
Festival Director: Mel Hague
This year, The Rhubarb Festival turns 40 in an ecstatic celebration of the strange and new in performance. In two weeks of programming over 100 artists will converge on Buddies to create, inspire, and be inspired. Rhubarb seeks to provide artists with the space and support to create new works that are strange, pushing the edges, risky and challenging.
(SEPTEMBER TO FEBRUARY – 4 hours per week with increased hours in February during Festival dates)
DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2018 at MIDNIGHT
We are seeking two individuals who would be interested in learning about curation, artistic direction, dramaturgy, and new work development to work with Festival Director Mel Hague in the time leading up to the 40th Rhubarb Festival. This is a volunteer position that is created to be malleable to your schedule, and will provide invaluable insight into the festival process.
Your role would include:
- Support and engage with the Festival Director in-depth on: curation, scheduling, organizing the overall Festival’s content and structure
- Assist with application reading and processing.
- Liaising with the Festival Director and guest artists, speakers and participants as required.
- Attend rehearsals and meetings as required
- Discuss and coordinate of Rhubarb Festival blog/related social media.
- Assist with planning and execution of artist and volunteer meetings/special events
Please visit the website for more information, and submission details.
Posted by: Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
For more information: http://buddiesinbadtimes.com/news/artistic-intern-posting-the-40th-rhubarb-festival/