TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
2167 is a Virtual Reality pop-up exhibition that will take place from September to December. Presented as part of Canada on Screen and produced by TIFF, imagineNATIVE, Pinnguaq and the Initiative for Indigenous Futures, 2167 asked five Indigenous filmmakers and artists to create VR projects envisioning Indigenous life 150 years in the future.
Canada on Screen is TIFF's year-long celebration of Canada's 150th birthday in 2017. Made possible by Presenting Partners The Government of Canada, the Royal Bank of Canada and the Government of Ontario, Canada on Screen began in January and runs throughout the year. The free programme will present moving-image installations, special events, special guests, an extensive online catalogue, screenings across the country, and a list of 150 essential moving-image works from Canada’s history based on a national poll of industry professionals. Canada on Screen is a co-production between TIFF and three core project partners — Library and Archives Canada, the Cinémathèque québécoise, and The Cinematheque in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Special Projects, the 2167 Facilitator will be responsible for ensuring assisting visitors in experiencing these VR works, providing technical support, project background, and administrative support related to the programme.
• Assist visitors with experiences in the exhibition, ensuring safety for all participants
• Explain to visitors how the projects work, guiding/helping them and trouble shooting
• Supervision of space to avoid theft, loss and breakage
• Assist the Gallery Attendants with day-to-day set-up and any clean up in the gallery
• Record daily attendance and report any issues
• Assist visitors in completing mandatory waivers for participation
• Attend mandatory training session(s)
• Other duties as required
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
• October 17th to December 31st (must be available for part-time hours throughout the duration of this period)
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/