Deadline 21 January 2019
SummerWorks is recognized as one of the most important platforms for launching new work - locally, nationally and internationally. We are interested in continuously re-imagining and innovating the possibilities of performance- how it is created, presented and experienced. Every August, SummerWorks hosts artists and projects exploring the possibilities of performance, while insisting on accessibility, integrity, and professionalism.
In February SummerWorks also presents Progress Festival with The Theatre Centre. The festival is collectively curated and produced by a series of companies operating within a contemporary performance context.
SummerWorks is looking for an Administration and Fundraising assistant to help with our activities throughout the year. This is offered as a part time contract starting at the end of January until September.
The Administration and Fundraising Assistant is an important part of our team. They contribute to the Festival development strategies, as well as assisting with the administration and producing of the Festival and organization.
Amongst other duties the Administration and Fundraising Assistant will:
• Assist the Festival Producer with developing and implementing a fundraising strategy.
• Identify potential Festival sponsors.
• Use the Festival’s software to identify appropriate foundations to approach.
• Coordinate the organization’s sponsor and donor communication and recognition.
• Keep the organization’s donor database up to date.
• Assist in planning and implementing on site donations collections during SummerWorks
• Assist with artist correspondence and information collection for SummerWorks.
• Support planning and execution of industry-related events and activities during SummerWorks
• Assist with the upkeep of day-to-day administrative duties (mailings, scheduling, email correspondence).
• Support in the creation of programme and rehearsal schedules.
• Collation of contract information and drafting of artist and staff contracts.
• Assist in creation of templates for documents used in the Festival.
• Assist in compiling event documentation.
• Assist with compiling data for final reporting.
• Attend rehearsals and meetings, keeping minutes and action item lists as required.
The Administration and Fundraising Assistant reports to the Festival Producer and Artistic and Managing Director.
For more information on the role and how to apply visit summerworks.ca/jointheteam .
Posted by: SummerWorks Performance Festival
For more information: https://www.summerworks.ca/jointheteam