Permanent / Full-time
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of: Administrative Assistant, Film Office
This position is responsible for supporting the Film Office’s administrative processes and procedures, as well as overseeing ratings for the films exhibited by TIFF and assisting with guest coordination and hosting processes as needed.
• Providing administrative support to the Film Office team for TIFF Bell Lightbox and Festival programming and events
• Representing the best interests of TIFF Bell Lightbox clients (internal staff and/or external parties)
• Other administrative duties as assigned
• University degree, community college diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 year experience in an administrative or clerical role.
• Experience and interest in the film industry, festivals and events an asset.
• Understanding and commitment to superior guest hosting and servicing.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Office administrative management and/or project management an asset including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Products.
• Proficiency with computers and applications; Artifax knowledge preferred, but not required
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects.
• Excellent attention to detail, budgets, timelines, and objectives.
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion.
• Professional manner and “can-do” attitude. Ability to both take direction and show initiative.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/