Apply by June 17, 2020
Kaeja d'Dance is a Toronto-based dance company renowned for creating exceptional contemporary dance work, award winning dance films and education & community programs. Led by founding artistic directors Karen and Allen Kaeja, our signature aesthetic explores the equal partnership of men and women through Contact Dance and uses Improvisation as a tool for creation. With performances filled with athletic intensity and theatrical imagery, Kaeja celebrates themes relating to family history, community and the human condition.
We continue to create original works while respecting physical distancing by investigating the use of digital platforms as a part of artistic creation during a time of isolation. All staff are working remotely. Projects this summer include virtual interactive dance workshops for the community, an online variation of Porch View Dances reimagined for video.
The role is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program which prioritizes hiring youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups. To be eligible the candidate must:
- Be under 30
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have Refugee status
The Administrative Assistant will report to Kaeja’s Managing Director and assist with fundraising research, communications and the development of annual development strategies. As the position is remote, there will be at minimum weekly check-ins with the supervisor.
- Researching funding opportunities from private and public organizations
- Data entry and organization of contacts and donors in contact management software
- Assist with the development of communication materials for donors and sponsors
- Draft copy for communication with donors and applications to foundations and corporate sponsors.
- Develop benefits and valuations and activation ideas for sponsorship proposals.
- Administrative support of summer digital programs.
- Assist with the dissemination of communication materials.
- Other administration related duties as required.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Competency in word processing, spreadsheets, database management
- High level of initiative; able to work independently to support team goals
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Experience with fundraising campaigns, grant writing or similar desired
Apply by June 17, 2020
We encourage those who identify as BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, disabled, and/or any other minority, to join our team.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Kaeja d'Dance
For more information: https://www.kaeja.org/