Deadline: June 18, 2021
We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our community and our country. In order to ensure respect and equity in employment, CDA invites applications from and strongly encourage/prioritize submissions from individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities as well as all persons at the intersections of these groups. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require any accommodations in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of the Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing support for the organization's administration, operations, and financial management. The Administrative Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure key financial objectives are being met and that reporting and charitable requirements are met. Our team collaborates regularly and supports shared learning for everyone to contribute ideas and develop their knowledge and skills.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the day-to-day financial processing and invoicing of the organization alongside bookkeepers Young Associates
- Maintain the financial reporting system and complete monthly reports and deposits
- Prepare and monitor cash flow and year end forecasts
- Prepare annual and multi-year budgets, with the Executive Director
- Issue and track charitable gift receipts with the support of staff and use database CRM software (sumac)
- Work with the Executive Director to implement a national donation campaign and other fundraising initiatives
- Write grant applications alongside the Executive Director
- Support Director of Membership in annual member renewal campaign
- Prepare and maintain corporate records
- Supervise the recording of National Council and committee meeting minutes and maintain records
- Oversee periodic computer system upkeep; maintain office systems, and equipment
- Coordinate volunteers and hiring of new staff and contractors
- Alongside Executive Director prepare contracts and update organizational policies
- Manage smooth operations of organization
- Filing, mail
- Monitor general phone and email line and respond or forward inquiries as necessary
- Represent CDA at community events, performances, and conferences
- Assist other support staff in programming as required
- Bilingual (French and English) is essential.
- Interpersonal skills (empathy, care, patience, listening skills, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to develop and achieve programming goals within budget
- Comfort in managing multiple projects and timelines
- Has an understanding and appreciation of the multifaceted Canadian dance community
- 3+ years experience in a non-profit, or equivalent training and experience, and/or undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Experience with financial management and budgeting
- Knowledge of the performing arts, cultural, non-profit, and/or dance sector
- Comfortable with a remote/digital work environment and cloud-based systems (including QuickBooks Online, Excel, OneDrive, Zoom)
- Strong written communication skills (English and French) and experience in grant writing • Works from an equity seeking lens and awareness, with interests in lateral leadership and flattening of hierarchies
We offer a flexible work environment. Currently all staff are working remotely from home in keeping with the current public health measures, and on-going remote work is possible. Some evening or weekend work for events may be required, and travel may be required (only when appropriate).
We offer flexible working hours, time off in-lieu of any overtime worked, performance tickets, professional development opportunities, and access to Arts & Entertainment Health Plan (CDA will cover 100% of the monthly premiums).
Please note we are accepting applications outside of Toronto as we have transitioned to a digital work environment.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Karla Etienne by June 18th to email@example.com
CDA thanks all candidates for their interest. All applicants will receive an email confirming we have received their application; only those selected for interviews will be contacted again. About CDA: The Canadian Dance Assembly is the voice of the professional dance sector in Canada which promotes a healthy, sustainable environment in which professional dance practice can grow and thrive. CDA cultivates a strong national voice for Canadian dance and supports the development of resources for this field of artistic expression. Through conferences, workshops, and networking events we connect the dance community from coast to coast. cda-acd.ca