CALL FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: August 4, 2017 5:00pm
We are searching for an exceptional individual who is ready to lead an established, expanding, and dynamic arts organization. The successful candidate will be a leader in the arts community who is creative, energetic, organized, and self-motivated. This is a permanent full-time position.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Now in its 29th year, the Toronto Fringe provides creative opportunities for artists and audiences by producing two important festivals – the Toronto Fringe Festival and the Next Stage Theatre Festival – and by running outreach activities that benefit youth, artists, and the theatre community at large.
Our flagship event, the Toronto Fringe Festival, presents 160 productions at 35 venues over 12 days in July. The event attracts over 100,000 patrons and we return over $500,000 to participating artists annually. The Toronto Fringe adheres to the guiding principles of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals.
• Strong leadership skills, with vision and a demonstrated ability to engage people in that vision.
• Strong management skills, with a participative and ethical approach, and a firm belief in inclusivity.
• A complex understanding of the arts ecology and its various communities, supported by a passion for serving diverse constituents equitably and inclusively.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in increasingly responsible management positions and a demonstrated ability in large scale event management, fundraising, marketing, public relations and strategic leadership.
• Advanced administrative and management skills, including team building and problem-solving skills.
• Proven fundraising and grant writing experience with an understanding of the current arts funding climate.
• Knowledge of the Fringe Festival movement and philosophy of the Fringe.
• Financial planning and budgeting experience.
• Negotiation, facilitation and community development skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Strong computer skills.
Nominations and/or applications should be submitted in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on August 4, 2017.
Please see visit: https://fringetoronto.com/get-involved/work-with-us for full details.