This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most high profile and innovative musical ensembles at a pivotal moment in its history, with the recent appointment of violinist Elisa Citterio as Music Director.
We seek a highly capable Artist Services & Education Coordinator to provide administrative and logistical support for the artistic, education and artist training activities of Tafelmusik. The successful candidate will coordinate guest artist and extra musician services (work permits, visas, tax waivers, travel, accommodation, schedules); prepare artists’ payroll; administer Tafelmusik’s many education and artist training initiatives; manage an OPAS database; support grant applications and artist tax reporting; and other administrative duties as required. This role is ideal for a hard-working team member who seeks further opportunities and experience in Arts Administration, Artist Management and/or Arts Education. This position involves evening and weekend work in line with the orchestra and choir schedules.
Reporting to the Director of Artistic Administration and Operations, the Artist Services & Education Coordinator works closely with the Assistant to the Music Director and the Operations team to coordinate guest artist and extra musician services with efficiency, timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail. He/she attends to immigration requirements and CRA tax waivers; travel, airport transfer and accommodation arrangements in Toronto; artists’ schedule distribution and schedule management for the Music Director; meeting/assisting visiting artists; and timely, accurate processing of artists’ payroll and pension remittances for all engagements. He/she manages all administrative facets of the Tafelmusik Baroque Summer Institute and Tafelmusik Winter Institute, including website, enquiries, timelines, admissions, scholarship disbursements, tuition processing, account tracking, ongoing communications and on-site administrative and logistical support; guest artist masterclasses; education/outreach concerts; and classroom and pre-professional training activities for Tafelmusik’s musicians. He/she contributes to the maintenance of two databases (OPAS and Tessitura); assists with grant applications, non-resident tax remittances and data for T4A receipts and other tax documents; and supports the Operations Department as required.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized, professional and caring team player, who has:
- Minimum of 3 years’ artist services and/or arts education experience in a performing arts setting (preferably music)
- Knowledge of and passion for music, the performing arts, education and artist training
- A related post-secondary degree or diploma
- Sound project coordination, account tracking and verbal/written skills
- Excellent computer skills with a thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, web-based applications, and database management; knowledge of OPAS and/or Tessitura an asset
- Basic working knowledge of web design and photo editing techniques an asset
- Ability to coordinate many projects, details, budgets & deadlines with high professional standards and attention to detail
- An adaptable personality who can think proactively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and effectively with musicians, artists, students, teachers and staff
- Caring people skills with an interest in building relationships with external artist services and education partners
- A high level of personal and professional integrity
Competitive salary, based on experience
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a full letter of application and current CV, not later than April 27, 2018 to:
Director of Artistic Administration and Operations
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.