EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fixed Term Employment Contract
CONTRACT DATES: November 13, 2017 – November 16, 2018
HOURS: Part-time (roughly 15 hours per week; exact scheduling is flexible and may demand more of the applicant in production months, less at other times)
REPORTING TO: Artistic Director
Responsibilities of the Artistic Accomplice, both shared and individual, may include:
• Collaborating with the Artistic Director on the planning and implementation of new performance creation, programming and professional development workshops.
• Assisting with grant-writing, both for specific projects and organizational operations.
• Producing specific events, which could include venue coordination, box office and volunteer coordination, communications (social media, website updates, e-newsletters), marketing, event logistics, etc.
• Artistic participation on in-progress Swallow-a-Bicycle creation projects, as appropriate and agreed upon in consultation with the Artistic Director.
• Administrative duties in support of the organization’s ongoing operations as a non-profit, charitable organization.
• Participating and offering feedback, input and leadership in all aspects of Swallow-a-Bicycle’s operations, particularly in the adoption and implementation of the new guiding principles.
The successful candidate will also be offered a modest budget to initiate and/or workshop a new creation project.
The ideal candidate has…
• An established practice of creating new performance (probably “theatre”, but we take that term pretty loosely).
• An affinity for boundary-pushing art, often site-specific, interdisciplinary and/or post-dramatic.
• A passion for independent producing/performance, and all of the associated joys and challenges.
• Strong organizational and task-management skills, often in a self-directed manner.
• Experience with community-engaged, intercultural artistic practices.
• A willingness to challenge convention and shit-disturb.
Artists of colour and/or from LGBTQ+ communities are heartily encouraged to apply.
For Full Submission Guidelines go to: Full Submission Guidelines
DEADLINE: Submissions must be received by MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2017 AT 6PM MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME.
Posted by: Swallow-a-Bicycle Theatre
For more information: http://www.swallowabicycle.com