Deadline: Friday, April 23, 5pm EST
Start Date: January 2022
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000
Contact: Geordie Artistic Director Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Working in partnership with the Managing Director, the Artistic Director reports to an engaged Board of Directors and is an inspiring spokesperson who finds continued possibility within the artistic vision of the company. The Artistic Director leads the artistic mission of a balanced, resourced, and active professional arts organization that supports the primary pillars:
Touring/Production, Development/Creation, and Education/Community Engagement.
Working closely with the Managing Director and all heads of
departments (Theatre School, Communications, Development, etc.), the Artistic Director will be excited to build and foster new partnerships locally, nationally, and internationally, launching Geordie into its next
The Artistic and Managing Directors are jointly responsible for the overall health of Geordie Theatre. For the Artistic Director, primary responsibilities include:
● Plan and maintain artistic oversight of a season of artistic programming, which includes the annual 2Play Tour, Mainstage/Festival productions, and any other artistic-related initiatives.
● Commission playwrights/creators and create new plays within a meaningful development process.
● Audition/interview and select all artistic and production staff for all artistic activities.
● Work with the Geordie Theatre School Director to ensure that curriculum development supports season planning and the company’s overall artistic and educational missions.
● Be attentive to theatre and Theatre for Young Audience trends locally, nationally, and internationally.
● Engage with key stakeholders in the local, national, and international spheres and investigate artistic partnerships.
● Find opportunities to connect audiences in all artistic aspects of the company.
In partnership with the Managing Director:
● Build and oversee annual operational and project budgets.
● Identify and develop short- and long-term strategies for Geordie’s operations.
● With the Board of Directors, actively collaborate on promoting and supporting annual fundraising campaigns.
● Represent Geordie at key fundraising events.
● Compose grant applications and final reports for all levels of funding (municipal, provincial, federal).
● Maintain communications with various stakeholders (donors, funders, sponsors).