Deadline: Sept 5, 2020
Term: Sept 22 - December 6, 2020 (10 week contract position - summer jobs)
Salary: $16.32/hr x 30 hours/week x 10 weeks
Crane Creations Theatre Company is a professional theatre company based in Mississauga.
The Artistic Producer will be required to engage in the following tasks and responsibilities:
- plan, organize and control the various stages and scheduling a live theatre production
- communicate with the rental department of the City of Mississauga regarding availability of performing arts spaces
- visit locations for planned performances
- obtain permits
- maintain production archives
- plan and execute marketing requirements for the performance including social media updates
- plan and oversee the budget pertaining to a particular production
- source props, set and costume elements and/or materials
- contract staff and outsourced work such as design and set/material production
- assist with set and audience set up
All of the actions above will be performed under the supervision and mentorship of senior members of Crane Creations' team. Ideal candidate for this position has a university education in the Performing Arts or a related field and is looking to pursue a career in the Arts Administration, Production or Project Management. Students currently enrolled in production programs, and individuals with experience but no formal training are welcome.
The hired Artistic Producer will be required to work from Crane Creations' studio, located in Mississauga. The work may require some work from home.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
You do NOT have to be a student.
Access to a vehicle is an asset. Being a resident of Region of Peel is a benefit. Crane Creations Theatre Company is an equal opportunities employer, however priority will be given to Candidates who are first generation Canadians, immigrants, refugees, or members of LGBTQ or visual minority.
Posted by: Crane Creations Theatre Company, 2359 Royal Windsor Drive, Unit 210
For more information: https://www.cranecreations.ca/