TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
ARTS ADMINISTRATION INTERN
The Arts Administration Intern will rotate between three departments throughout a 6-month term, in 2-month intervals. The Intern will support TIFF’s Industry, Event Production Services and Event Production departments. This is a unique opportunity for those interested in arts administration to learn and gain practical work experience from three different areas within TIFF.
• Current student or recent graduate of an arts administration, events management or applicable degree or diploma programme
• Excellent administrative, organizational and planning skills, with keen attention to detail
• Strong professional communication and client relationship skills
• Familiarity working with and protecting confidential information
• Ability to take direction effectively and work both independently and in a team environment
• Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office, Google applications, web-based file sharing programs, database applications, event management software preferred)
• Ability to prioritize tasks while working under multiple deadlines
• Proactive and able to adapt quickly to change
• Experience in event planning and production related to festivals, special events or venue operations an asset
• Previous experience in and understanding of global film industry an asset
• Experience supervising volunteers an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Must be available for the Festival (September 6 – 16, 2018)
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/