Date Posted: Jan 07, 2019
Salary Range: 0 - 20K
Region: Peel Region
Employee Benefits: Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Organization's Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job's focus: Creative
Job Type: Part-time
Career Level: Entry level/ intern
City of Brampton
Dynamic. Diverse. Exciting. Brampton is Canada's second fastest growing city... home to over 524,000 people from more than 175 distinct ethnic backgrounds... a place where you're invited to imagine a future of growth, opportunity and job satisfaction.
Employees of the City of Brampton are drawn by many qualities: our commitment to excellence and innovation; our dedication to outstanding customer service; a culture that values training, professional development and career advancement; our open, accountable management style; and the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that brings us together.
So are we what's next? Discover what we have to offer, and imagine your future in Brampton.
Under the direction of the Programmer, provide arts education programs to adults and children, organize and lead workshops, and oversee associated programming.
- Lead elementary and high school workshops as well as recreational arts programs
- Assist with continuous development of programming for various ages (eg. Choreography, scene selection)
- Research and implement various learning tools, in line with current industry trends
- Attend schools, camps and other events to educate about art disciplines and Brampton’s Arts and Culture initiatives
- Maintain educational material and ensure it is current, appropriate, and follows Ontario Curriculum Guidelines
- Accept payment when necessary for workshops and programs
- Liaise with school staff and teachers, group leaders and participants to provide a high-level of customer service to all participants
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. Workshop Summary Sheets)
- Maintain program equipment and monitor the use of equipment and supplies
- Understand, apply, enforce and adhere to Corporate Policies and Procedures, Emergency Procedures, and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Report all accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up, in a timely manner
- Travel between locations as required
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Minimum one year completed at a post-secondary institution in the field of drama, art, dance, musical theatre, film (or documented advanced studio training in these fields)
Minimum one year experience teaching and developing learning programs for various age groups
Current Standard First Aid / CPR C /AED from one of the following: Lifesaving Society, Red Cross. St. Johns or Canadian Ski Patrol
Valid non-probationary, Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence and access to reliable transportation
Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check, at their own expense, prior to commencing employment
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online via: https://www.workinculture.ca/JobBoard/jobs/Arts-Outreach-Instructor-(2)
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.