The Toronto Fringe is seeking an Assistant Bar Manager for the Fringe Club. The 2016 Toronto Fringe Festival runs June 29-July 10, 2016.
The Assistant Bar Manager will work directly with the Fringe Operations Manager on all aspects of the bar.
To provide leadership for the bar staff, exemplary customer service to Fringe Club patrons, and fiscal responsibility for the Fringe Club bar.
The Assistant Bar Manager will be responsible for:
• Assisting with training of bar staff and supervisors
• During the festival, ordering all bar product and supplies and inventory control
• During the festival, liaising with Steam Whistle
• Assisting in the set up and strike of the bar at beginning and end of festival
• Assisting with the opening and set up of the Fringe Club and bar on a daily basis (Please note: this will involve manual labour, including setting up fences, tables and chairs)
• Setting up and re-stocking the bar on a daily basis
• Overseeing the setup of can stations and any other micro bars throughout the Fringe Club
• Maintaining the aesthetic of the bar and Fringe Club throughout the festival
• Returning the empties throughout the Festival
• Supervising the bar when the Bar Manager is not present
• Attending company meetings as necessary
• Have a background and experience in bar management, including experience hiring, training and managing staff, assessing a patron’s level of intoxication, and be able to open and close the bar locations efficiently
• Be extremely organized and detailed-oriented
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Hold a valid driver’s license
Application deadline – May 24
Interviews – May 27-May 31
Contract dates – June 27 (TBC) – July 13
Applications with a resume and cover letter should only be submitted by environmentally friendly email to email@example.com as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. PLEASE IDENTIFY THE POSITION(S) YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE.
The Toronto Fringe is committed to employment equity and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
Posted by: Toronto Fringe Festival
For more information: http://www.fringetoronto.com