4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for an Assistant to the Costume Designer for the 2018 summer season.
Start date: May 28, 2018
End date: August 11, 2018
• Must have strong sewing/building skills
• Must have strong drafting and pattern making skills
• Must have strong organizational skills
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre and historical costuming and have the ability to work in a team environment
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required
• A car is a requirement
• Must enjoy working outdoors
• Ideal for a returning student
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the Costume Designer to design, create and purchase costumes and accessories for the production
• Liaising with the director and Costume Designer about creative concepts, establishing the look and feel of the production and its characters, deciding what each character wishes to convey through his/her clothing (time period, setting, status/social class, age, geographic region, etc.)
• Arranging costume fittings, taking actors' measurements for garments and accessories, such as wigs, shoes and hats
• Shopping at fabric, craft, charity, and clothes shops
• Petty cash responsibilities
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca
*4th Line Theatre can arrange temporary housing options for the length of the contract for out-of-town applicants.
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 31, 2018 to:
If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
Posted by: 4th Line Theatre
For more information: http://www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca