Apply by Friday, December 21, 2018
Assistant - Human Resources
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Human Resources Assistant
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for supporting our busy Human Resources team with general HR duties and initiatives within the 2019 Strategic Plan.
• 1 year contract starting in January 2019
• Post secondary education in business, human resources or related field
• 1-2 years of relevant experience
• Adaptable and able to work effectively within time constraints and with competing priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to proactively problem-solve and take initiative within scope of role
• Computer savvy and comfortable with MS Windows, MS Office, Google Suite, social media, etc
• Some exposure to Payroll system(s), desirable
• Knowledge of Human Resources best practices, provincial employment legislation or payroll and benefits administration an asset
• Able to handle confidential information in a discreet manner
• Able to work occasional evenings and weekends during Festival season
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers*.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted by: TIFF
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/