The Assistant Production Coordinator represents the Production Department in all York Quay Centre venues in a non-technical capacity.
He/she participates in the production of an event by responding to issues relating to an event-in-progress as well as to concerns regarding the operation and usage of the venues. The Assistant Production Coordinator acts as liaison between the user group/performers/media/programmer(s) and Harbourfront Centre event staff. (Technical Services, Box Office, York Quay Operations, Front of House, Site Services, Information Desk, Security)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide stage management support for events in York Quay Centre including confirming all required staff are present and briefed, meeting/greeting the user group and performers, introducing them to the technicians and other applicable support staff, reviewing production schedule details (i.e., event start time, breaks), assigning dressing rooms, ensuring hospitality requirements are met, issuing/receiving cheques, keys, deposits.
• Ensure the “house” is prepared and all front of house details are addressed (reserved seating assigned, wheelchair access/seating, meet and assist VIP’s, lobby set up, display material etc.)
• Ensure everything is in order during an event regarding set-up, production and strike
• Provide customer service for Harbourfront Centre patrons (e.g., responding to customer concerns, complaints, and inquiries; providing information on specific Harbourfront Centre events and programmes).
• Other related duties such as completing event reports, placing event signage, access control, securing venues, and ensuring building fire & emergency regulations and room capacities are adhered to.
• Production knowledge of theatre/music event activities
• Ability to communicate with the public, user groups, volunteers and co-workers in a courteous manner
• Stage management skills
• Excellent customer services skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in stage and/or production management.
• Front of house management
This is an ideal position for students who have completed at least two years of post secondary education in the field of theatre or event management. Shifts are primarily on weekends and can be worked around school hours for returning students.
DEADLINE: April 10, 2015
quoting Job Ref. No. 15J013-TAPA
Posted by: HarbourfrontCentre
For more information: http://jobs.harbourfrontcentre.com/