4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for an Assistant Stage Manager for the 2018 summer season.
Start date: June 5, 2018
End date: July 28, 2018 (7.5 weeks)
• The candidate must be a student returning to school, preferably in a theatre school program or university equivalent.
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment
• He/she has extensive stage management experience and is able to work well under pressure
• Creative problem solving ability
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required
• A car is a requirement
• Must enjoy working outdoors
Responsibilities of this position will include:
The ASM has a twofold responsibility:
• During the rehearsal period, the ASM operates as the Stage Manager's assistant helping set up and strike rehearsal furniture and props, taking down line notes, prompting actors, etc. as per the SM's instructions during Technical, Dress Rehearsals and performances. The ASM also assists the director during rehearsals communicating with cast and crew and theatre administration.
• The ASM will be a member of the running crew, responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the backstage area. The ASM is stationed backstage and supervises and/or participates in all scenery changes and any props and/or costume changes as needed, assisting the director during rehearsals communicating with cast and crew and theatre administration.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca
*4th Line Theatre can arrange temporary housing options for the length of the contract for out-of-town applicants.
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 31, 2018 to:
If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
Posted by: 4th Line Theatre
For more information: http://www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca