Application Deadline: Apr 08, 2019
Start Date: May 13, 2019
Salary: $68,928.00 - $77,554.00 PER ANNUM
Region: Peel Region
Employee Benefits: Health, Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Organization's Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job's focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Contract
Career Level: Intermediate
City of Brampton
Dynamic. Diverse. Exciting. Brampton is Canada's second fastest growing city... home to over 524,000 people from more than 175 distinct ethnic backgrounds... a place where you're invited to imagine a future of growth, opportunity and job satisfaction.
Employees of the City of Brampton are drawn by many qualities: our commitment to excellence and innovation; our dedication to outstanding customer service; a culture that values training, professional development and career advancement; our open, accountable management style; and the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that brings us together.
So are we what's next? Discover what we have to offer, and imagine your future in Brampton.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Assists and collaborates with the Technical Coordinators in the planning and co-ordination required to support the realization of productions, festivals and events held on the stages and spaces across Performing Arts and its partners across the City. The Assistant Technical Coordinator supports the on-site supervision of technical crew, setups, events, and strikes.
- Assists on matters of a technical nature to ensure excellent customer service and communication
- Plan and organize work priorities to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness within the technical team
- Attend and minute regular meetings with Technical Coordinators and Manager, Theatres relating to daily operations, budget, procurement, human resources, labour relations, and strategic planning
- Assists in the preparation of production budgets related to the technical aspects of rentals, shows or events at the request of the Technical Coordinator(s) and/ or Rentals Coordinator
- Secure appropriate technical resources for rentals, shows or events as requested by the Technical Coordinator(s)
- Prepare drawings, layouts and plots with AutoCAD/ Vectorworks
- Assists in facilitating all contract rider requirements, including, but not limited to, sound and lighting production, catering, meals, accommodation, backstage facilities, event tech staffing and transportation for all Professional Series and event productions
- Preparation of staff schedule and overtime offers in collaboration with the Technical Coordinator(s)
- Oversees the technical staff in consultation with the Technical Coordinators; including on-site supervision, direction, discipline and training
- Assists in maintaining an up-to-date and easily referenced inventory of all technical theatre assets for each venue
- Assists in carrying out required maintenance to all technical equipment internally or send to repair or supplier companies, including tools, lighting fixtures, dimmers, sound equipment, backstage sound, and seats to ensure smooth operations.
- Maintains a clean, safe, efficient, secure and equitable working environment including the development and review of work procedures
- Reports any incidents to the Technical Coordinator
- Graduate of post-secondary education specializing in the production of performing arts and/or three (3) years’ experience in a technical role in the performing arts;
- General understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live events including stage carpentry, sound, lighting, scenic carpentry, and video
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD/ Vectorworks
- Flexibility, autonomy, and superior leadership skills
- Ability to lead large groups of people with tightly defined schedules
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests
- Ability to manage confidential information relating to artists, budget, human resources, and labour relations
- Customer Service and People Management skills; Interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards
- Organizational skills; Detail oriented, well organized and able to coordinate and multi-task to accomplish a variety of tasks and activities with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Ontario Class G Drivers’ License and ability to obtain a City of Brampton Fleet Permit
- Working at Heights Certification
- Standard First Aid CPR-C/ AED Certification
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by: April 8, 2019 via
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103335 by April 8, 2019 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Non-Union
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.