TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of: ASSISTANT, VOLUNTEER & INTERN RESOURCES
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Volunteer and Intern Resources, the Assistant with provide administrative support to the TIFF Volunteer department in the areas of volunteer recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision.
• Lead administration across all volunteer programmes: Youth, Docent, Year-round teams and Festivals (Toronto International Film Festival, TIFF Kids International Film Festival, Canada’s Top Ten, Next Wave)
• Oversee Volunteer Office Communications: respond to high volume of emails, phone calls and in-person inquiries; draft content for Volunteer Newsletter; update information for online Volunteer Hub
• Provide administrative support in a busy office environment including minute-taking for departmental meetings, contributing to the development of surveys, orientation/training materials (InDesign) and presentations (Keynote, PowerPoint), formatting departmental records (Excel spreadsheets, Google Docs, and Volunteer database)
• Accurately manage all departmental database information including maintenance of volunteer service records, volunteer schedules, performance notations and account updates
• Assist with booking, logistics and execution of volunteer recognition events
• Liaise with staff from respective departments to develop and manage volunteer position descriptions and schedules; track volunteer attendance and ensure minimum term requirements are met
• Assist with the intake of online volunteer applications, including screening and interviewing of candidates while adhering to strict timelines
• Assist in facilitating volunteer orientation and training sessions, including communicating TIFF Volunteer Programme information to large and diverse audiences
• Participate in the training and supervision of interns, co-op students and volunteers assisting in the Volunteer Office
• Provide administrative support for various elements of the TIFF Internship programme
• Create a comfortable, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere where all staff and volunteers feel appreciated and engaged
START DATE: 10/18
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/