Application Deadline: March 26, 2019
Join a dynamic and expanding Marketing team in one of Canada’s most high-profile and innovative musical ensembles.
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra is seeking an energetic, experienced, and collaborative individual to oversee subscription and single ticket sales strategy and campaigns, including audience development and retention through our audience engagement programs.
The position plays a vital role within the Orchestra’s fast-paced Marketing Department, driving our integrated, results-oriented, marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience with subscription and single ticket marketing for the performing arts, along with demonstrated success in achieving sales and attendance goals, managing multiple projects simultaneously, crafting engaging copy, and effectively motivating team members. In this role, you will help craft and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to maximize revenue and engage with diverse audience members in a meaningful way.
This position reports to the Marketing Director, and works closely with the digital marketing, customer experience, and artistic teams.
Tafelmusik is an internationally acclaimed, thriving not-for-profit organization with an exciting artistic vision, and a warm, supportive, and collaborative team environment. While active on the world-stage, at the core of our work is a series of 50 subscription concerts each season in Toronto. Music Director Elisa Citterio joined the organization in fall of 2018 and along with the Senior Management team, brings exciting new leadership and vision to the organization.
Subscription & Single Ticket Sales
- Develop and implement targeted, creative, and integrated marketing campaigns for subscribers (renewal and acquisition), and to reach new, as well as re-engage, casual single ticket buyers.
- Craft multi-channel messaging for sales campaigns and ensure materials best serve the campaign goals and Tafelmusik’s visual identity.
- Develop product offerings including package alternatives, patron loyalty programs, and upsell opportunities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and promotions through the analysis of audience/sales data, survey results and other analytics, with the goal of improving segmentation, personalization, and messaging strategies.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of ticket inventory management and dynamic pricing strategy.
- Establish and report on key performance indicators.
- Manage campaign budgets and oversee concert revenue reconciliations.
- Write copy for promotional assets as needed.
- Contribute to overall content creation strategy (blog, social media, video, house program).
- Work with external partners such as graphic designers, printers, and other vendors/agencies to fulfill each campaign.
- Frequently engage with Customer Services to ensure front-line team is effectively capturing customer insights in Tessitura and offering targeted upsell opportunities to audience. Craft talking points as needed.
- Manage the house program editor, work closely with the Digital and Customer Experience teams, and artistic department to ensure that campaigns are executed efficiently and approved by the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Strategy for audience engagement/cultivation/retention programs including Pre-Concert Chats, Tafelscene young patrons program, and other concert/learning enhancements
- Strategy for free outreach concerts in the GTA community (Toronto Public Libraries, Princess Margaret Hospital, Culture Days, Health Arts Society of Ontario, etc)
- Strategy for community/family concerts to reach and grow desired audiences in the GTA community
- Work closely with events and artistic production teams
- Demonstrated track record in marketing and sales in a professional performing arts organisation, with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Strong initiative, confidence and energy to exceed goals, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects
- Awareness of current and ongoing marketing trends
- A strategist with an eye for detail, creative thinking, and professional approach to presenting sales and campaign information
- Top organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active and collaborative professional manner – comfortable managing, working with, and briefing a variety of individuals, including colleagues, artists, and outside vendors
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Tessitura (preferred) or other CRM software
- Knowledge of digital marketing and content creation
- Knowledge of, and passion for, classical music and the performing arts
- Languages spoken other than English
- Affection for church cats
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time position. Please note that some evening and weekend work is required, related to concerts and events.
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience, and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the not-for-profit performing arts industry. Benefits include vacation pay, sick leave, and personal time, and a retirement program that activates after 3 years with the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter (including how you heard about the position), salary requirements, and resume to Sarah Baumann, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com with the subject: “Associate Director of Sales & Engagement Posting.”
Application Deadline: March 26, 2019
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tafelmusik is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
Led by Music Director Elisa Citterio, Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir is one of the world’s leading period ensembles and Canada’s most-toured orchestra. Tafelmusik engages Toronto audiences with an annual season of more than 80 concerts in diverse venues across the city, as well as national and international audiences through an extensive schedule of tours and critically acclaimed recordings. The Tafelmusik Chamber Choir, under the direction of Ivars Taurins, was formed in 1981 to complement the Orchestra.
Tafelmusik also seeks to transport audiences to the baroque and classical periods through adventurous cross-cultural collaborations, on stage with Toronto's Opera Atelier, and underground at its Haus Musik series. The orchestra’s musicians share their knowledge and experience through artist training initiatives such as the Tafelmusik Baroque Summer and Winter Institutes. Tafelmusik's catalogue of award-winning recordings on the SONY, CBC Records, Analekta, and Tafelmusik Media labels have garnered nine JUNO Awards and numerous other recording prizes. Jeanne Lamon continues her association with Tafelmusik as Music Director Emerita.