Deadline: October 11, 2019
Tapestry Opera is seeking a talented, savvy communicator to join our team!
The Associate Manager, Communications will develop and execute the communications, marketing, and promotions of Tapestry Opera’s brand, seasons, and individual shows. We are looking for a strategic thinker and independent executor who is ready to grow this new position into a leadership role in an innovative, dynamic organization. We’re a highly collaborative team, and this role would work closely with the General Director, Executive Director, Manager of External Relations, and the Manager of Patron Engagement to ensure consistency of tone and message across platforms.
We are committed to equity in hiring and specifically encourage people from communities of colour, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, disabled, and other equity-seeking communities to apply.
Things that matter to us:
- You are a driver! You have your eye on your deadlines and are able to work with other staff to help you meet them.
- We make art that is socially engaged - you have an understanding or lived experience of principles of equity and anti-oppression, and/or are interested in and open to the process of learning
- You are a highly motivated team player with a keen attention to detail and excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- You have relevant experience in Marketing & Communications (minimum 1-3 years professional experience preferred), with a track record of success.
- You have exceptional writing and communication skills.
- You are analytical and tuned in to new marketing trends.
- You have proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and basic design skills (familiarity with one or more of the following preferred: InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- You have an interest in, and understanding of, the arts - knowledge of opera an asset.
- You love hats, as in “wearing multiple”, and will play a dynamic role as part of Tapestry’s team.
- Preference will be given to candidates with video and sound editing skills and abilities.
Remuneration: $45,000 yearly
To apply, please include as one complete pdf file, in this order:
- Cover letter on why you’d like to work for Tapestry and why you think you’d make an excellent candidate
- An up-to-date resume
Email email@example.com with your pdf attachment and include Communications Associate Manager in the subject.
Deadline - Oct. 11, 2019
Posted by: Tapestry Opera
For more information: https://tapestryopera.com/