SummerWorks expands the possibilities of performance. We are a leader, collaborator, and community builder at the forefront of contemporary performance.
This role is made possible by funding from Canada Summer Jobs and therefore is only open for applicants aged between 15 and 30. There are two positions available.
These roles are intended to be a training opportunity for candidates who would like to gain experience in producing in a performing arts environment, with the intent for future employment. The role will be working with SummerWorks staff to deliver their summer programming. The Canada Summer Jobs Associate Producer is a mentorship program. As a training opportunity the Canada Summer Jobs Associate Producer will shadow the management team to assist in delivering projects throughout the summer.
Engagement conditions: Employee fixed term contract, 30 hours per week
Pay rate: $16 per hour
Duties may include:
- Assisting SummerWorks Management and Project Managers in planning and execution of events.
- Liaising with artists participating in the summer season.
- Participating in curatorial meetings.
- Attending technical run-throughs and rehearsals.
- Assisting management in the creation of team and performer schedules.
- Collation of contract information, and distribution of artist contracts.
- Consulting with artists during project development.
- Assisting in the collation of marketing materials.
- Assisting with the creation of social media and marketing posts.
- Assisting with audience outreach strategy.
- Assisting the team in copy checking marketing materials.
- Assisting with the upkeep of day-to-day administrative duties (including mailings, scheduling, email correspondence, etc.).
- Conducting research as required.
The Associate Producer should have:
- Demonstrable organizational skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Passion for performing arts.
- Familiarity with the Toronto performance community.
A knowledge of the mission, mandate, values, and activities of SummerWorks is also favourable.
Applications from equity-seeking groups, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Transgender, Nonbinary, Queer, Disabled and intersections of those identities, are particularly encouraged.
For full details on the role and how to apply please visit summerworks.ca/get-involved/join-the-team
Please note, the SummerWorks team is currently working remotely.