Application Deadline: October 7, 2016
Start Date: TBD
Term: Contractual / Part- time
Theatre Passe Muraille is known for developing innovative and daring Canadian theatre, but we exist to support our communities. From encouraging independent and emerging artists, and multicultural work, to inspiring our staff and artists to work collaboratively, Theatre Passe Muraille works to ensure all voices are represented on our stage.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Writing and distributing advance press releases.
• Organizing and executing photo and media calls
• Researching and creating relationships with mainstream and independent media
• Creating and disseminating press kits, invitations to media
• Maintaining catalogue of interviews, press clippings and other relevant publicity.
• Managing TPM website and social media (twitter, Facebook, Instagram) on a timely basis
• Managing marketing purchases, materials and budgets
• Creating house programs
• Creating eblasts and newsletter as needed
• Creating the Season brochure along with the Artistic Director and graphic designers as hired
• Arranging distribution of all promotional material
• Demonstrated experience in developing marketing plans and materials, is an asset
• Demonstrated experience in social media marketing and web analytics, is an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail is a necessity
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines is a necessity
• Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office is a necessity
• Proven understanding of new media tools including: HTML, Content Management Systems (WordPress), database management, email marketing, optimizing photo and video for web, is an asset
• Knowledge of any graphic design software, InDesign for example, is an asset
• Experience working in a non-profit environment and knowledge of the Toronto Theatre and Arts scene will be an asset
• Occasional Weeknights and weekend work is mandatory
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document by 5 PM on October 7, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line: “Application for Associate Producer – Publicity & Marketing”. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Theatre Passe Muraille
For more information: http://passemuraille.ca/