Deadline: 10am Monday 1st June, 2020
This role is made possible by funding from Canada Summer Jobs and therefore is only open for applicants aged between 15 and 30.
This position is intended to be a training opportunity for candidates who would like to gain experience in producing in a performing arts environment, with the intent for future employment. The role will be working with SummerWorks staff to deliver their summer season of programming. The Canada Summer Jobs Associate Producer is a mentorship program. As a training opportunity the Canada Summer Jobs Associate Producer will shadow the management team to assist in delivering projects throughout the summer.
Duties may include:
- Assisting SummerWorks Management and Project Managers in planning and execution of events.
- Liaising with artists participating in the summer season.
- Participating in curatorial meetings.
- Attending technical run-throughs and rehearsals.
- Assisting management in the creation of team and performer schedules.
- Collation of contract information, and distribution of artist contracts.
- Consulting with artists during project development.
- Assisting in the collation of marketing materials.
- Assisting with the creation of social media and marketing posts.
- Assisting with audience outreach strategy.
- Assisting the team in copy checking marketing materials.
- Assisting with the upkeep of day-to-day administrative duties (including mailings, scheduling, email correspondence, etc.).
- Conducting research as required.
- Attending weekly team meetings.
- Contributing to post-mortems.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate by SummerWorks.
All applicants should be aware that as the current government restrictions continue to enforce physical distancing, this role will be fulfilled remotely. The successful candidate will need access to a personal computer and stable WiFi connection.
For more details on the role, and how to apply please visit the SummerWorks website
Posted by: Summerworks Performance Festival
For more information: https://www.summerworks.ca/jointheteam