Deadline: 11:59 PM on July 16, 2019
Aluna Theatre is currently seeking an Audience Development Coordinator to join our team.
Specifically, this position has the following objectives:
1. To diversify and grow Aluna Theatre’s audiences
2. To develop and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and partners
3. To create copy, graphics and marketing collateral to assist in this work
4. To collaborate with our team in strengthening Aluna’s community and outreach activities
- Coordinate development activities designed to meet ticket sales targets and/or event attendance
- Identify and develop new audiences groups, and build loyalty among existing audiences and community partners (non-profit, social service, academic)
- Analyze the effectiveness of development initiatives and expenses, and create benchmarks and success measurements for development programs
- Package marketing copy and images created by the company to serve various development outreach activities
- Attend community events as a representative of the company
The ideal candidate profile includes:
• Minimum 2 years experience in a professional arts or non-profit environment with experience in creation and management of successful development activities.
• A creative ability to envision and execute new ways of communicating to and attracting new audiences.
• A passion for the performing arts, with knowledge of the current Toronto theatre/arts community.
• High professional standards with acute attention to details; exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with a creative flair.
• A comfort with technology, including MS Office and social media; experience in database management; experience with graphics software would be an asset.
• Bilingual in english and spanish would also be an asset.
This is a contract position ($20/hr), with variable hours throughout the season (highest levels of activity at the outset will be Aug/Sept 2019 and Nov/Dec 2019).
Aluna embraces the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, community and partners. Indigenous peoples, people of colour and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age and abilities are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals interested in applying should forward their resume and cover letter, combined in one PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 PM on July 16/19.
Posted by: Aluna Theatre
For more information: http://alunatheatre.ca