The mission of The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is to provide the people of Burlington with a broad range of excellent performance opportunities that will both inspire and delight.
The Centre delivers diverse, world-class arts and entertainment to the community and showcase Burlington and its arts community to the world.
REQUIRED: AUDIENCE SERVICES ASSOCIATE
REPORTING TO: AUDIENCE SERVICES MANAGER
• Act as FOH Coordinator, coordinating and executing rental or Professional Series events. Supervising P/T bar staff and volunteer crew.
• Provide excellent customer service and assist patrons with any concerns
• Ensure safety and security for patrons, staff and volunteer core
• Communicate positively and professionally with staff, volunteer core, patrons, and clients
• Provide briefings to staff prior to event and manage event details as required
• Provide ongoing coaching and motivation to staff and volunteer core
• Monitor operations and identify areas of challenge
• Assist Audience Services Manager in maintaining policies and procedures
• Assist with performance reviews and department administration
• Train staff as required
• Assist with the advancement of Presenting Series and Rental events
• Fulfill hospitality riders and provide settlement details as required
HOURS: Average of 1000 hours per year. Contract to end June 30, 2016.
Must be available to work flexible schedule, including daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
LOCATION: The Burlington Performing Arts Centre – 440 Locust Street, Burlington ON
• Minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experience or management experience in an arts setting required
• Superior customer service skills and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated candidate with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Organization and diplomacy skills essential
• Ability to adapt to change
• Basic computer knowledge
• SmartServe, First Aid, CPR and AED Training Required
• Previous training experience is an asset
SALARY $19.00 per hour
Application Deadline: Wednesday April 8th, 2015 by 5 pm.
Please forward application to:
Mail: 440 Locust Street
Burlington, ON L7S 1T7
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
Posted by: The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
For more information: http://www.burlingtonpac.ca/home.html