THE TORONTO FRINGE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
Bookkeeper (part-time position)
The Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival, a registered Canadian charitable organization, is seeking a bookkeeper.
The Toronto Fringe adheres to the guiding principles of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals. Our flagship event, the Toronto Fringe Festival, presents 150 productions at 30 venues over 12 days in July. Our Next Stage Theatre Festival, held annually in January, presents 10 productions by artists ready to move beyond the summer festival model. Our home at 720 Bathurst Street includes the Creation Lab, which consists of two studios available for independent artists to rent at highly subsidized rates.
Reporting to the Executive Director the bookkeeper is responsible for:
• Maintaining financial records and general ledgers.
• Preparing cheques for payroll and supplier invoices.
• Completing and submitting tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
• Maintaining, reconciling and processing all monthly credit card statements.
• Preparing trial balances and assisting in the completion of the year end audit.
• Overseeing a team of cash counters during the Fringe Festival.
• Minimum 3 years of experience.
• Not for profit accounting experience.
• Working knowledge of accounting processes, procedures, controls and reporting including management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledgers.
• Working knowledge of SAGE 50 accounting software.
Hours and Compensation:
• August to June: 1 day a week
• July: full-time for two weeks (8 hrs/day)
• Hourly rate of $35/hr
Please send a cover letter and resume by environmentally friendly email to email@example.com
as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. Applications should include references.
Submission Deadline: Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Start Date: January 2016
The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. More information can be found at www.fringetoronto.com
Posted by: The Toronto Fringe