Deadline: Friday January 8, 2021
The PACT Business Manager is responsible for ensuring the administration of our organization’s financial and administrative functions. This is a pro-rated temporary full-time position (30 hours per week/0.8FTE) for one year. We are based in Toronto but in these extraordinary times we are working remotely. For this reason, applicants from across Canada are encouraged to apply.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING (selected)
- Preparing of the financial records and reports, including all internal statements, government and grant reporting, year-end statements.
- Payroll administration for employees and contractors.
- Bookkeeping functions including accounts receivable, payable, general journal entries, bank deposits, monthly reconciliation etc.
- Administration of accounts with banks, insurance companies, and other outside professionals as required, including the investment of funds.
- Liaise with building management in relation to PACT office decisions and IT consultants re. network systems.
- Act as primary administrator of board meetings, including coordinating meeting logistics, board package preparations, completing minute-taking and distribution, and processing expense claims.
- Ensure compliance with ESA, MLTSD, and other federal and provincial legislative bodies.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in office administration at a mid-senior level, ideally in a non-profit environment. Experience with a performing arts organization or at a professional theatre company is an asset.
- Completion of University/College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training in business administration or accounting or bookkeeping.
- Understanding of employment standards legislation and employer requirements including but not limited to ESA, MLTSD, and other compliance matters.
- Experience in a bookkeeping or equivalent financial administrative role and use of computerized bookkeeping systems (QuickBooks and/or Sage).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- $34,400 to $40,000, depending on experience. This is a pro-rated salary aligned with 30 hours per week. Benefits include enrollment in our group health and dental plan, paid vacation time, and paid sick days.
Please email a résumé and cover letter to Tabitha Keast, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day (11:59pm EST) on Friday January 8, 2021.
PACT prioritizes an environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practised. We value diversity in our workforce and we invite applications from all qualified candidates.
Posted by: PACT
For more information: http://www.pact.ca