Permanent,Part-time, Visitor Experience,
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Reporting to the Manager, Cinemas, under the supervision of the Cinema Supervisor on duty, the part-time position of Cinema Usher provides customer service to TIFF Bell Lightbox visitors.
October 29, 2018
• Must be able to provide availability for at least three shifts per week (1 weekday, 1 weekend, 1 additional) for each week outside of the Festival
• Must be available to work each day of the Toronto International Film Festival in September as well as each training day
• Must be adaptable to a flexible work schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Previous work experience in a Front of House role is an asset
• Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• May be required to lift and carry items up to 35lbs
• Position requires standing for long periods and climbing stairs. Accommodations may be provided if necessary
• Interest in film, non-profits, arts and culture is considered an asset
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Friday, October 12, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/