Deadline: March 4, 2020
Fall for Dance North’s mission is to elevate the popularity of dance by presenting a diverse, world-class dance festival of established and emerging talent from Toronto, Canada and around the globe through accessible ticket prices. FFDN aims to support Canada’s professional dance community, create an inclusive atmosphere and inspire and educate new audiences and seasoned dance patrons.
The Communications Associate (full-time, 8 month employment contract from April - November 2020) will work with FFDN’s Director of Development and Marketing Manager to create and deploy marketing and fundraising related communications with an eye for audience and donor development. This function will provide the successful candidate with many opportunities to communicate directly with external stakeholders, for example FFDN’s Patrons’ Circle members, local businesses, peer dance/arts organisations, audience members via online tools and more. This position will require the successful candidate to exercise their excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, contributing to the smooth operation of the sixth edition of FFDN. For more information on Primary Duties and Responsibilities, see our website.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post secondary education in communications, arts administration, fundraising or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year working experience in the arts, culture or equivalent sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and passion for the performing arts
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft office suite, Google drive and cloud based file sharing applications
- Experience with database management, CiviCRM experience a plus
- Customer service experience, especially in a sales oriented capacity, highly appreciated
- Knowledge of Toronto downtown core is an asset
- Experience using online website editors
- Very well organized and detail oriented, with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and adaptable personality
- Ability to problem solve, embrace flexibility and versatility, while working in a high-paced, evolving environment.
Renumeration: 8 month employment contract, approx. 24K gross
Interested candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume (PDF formats) by March 4, 2020 to FFDN’s General Manager, Christina Giannelia at: firstname.lastname@example.org. FFDN is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted by: Fall for Dance North
For more information: https://www.ffdnorth.com/careers