Deadline: 5pm on Monday, March 9, 2020
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, TIFF is seeking a Communications Coordinator who is responsible for the research, planning and developing communications campaigns for the Toronto International Film Festival and TIFF Bell Lightbox year-round programming. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history. Shows initiative, strong attention to detail and a collaborative attitude are key character traits of the person who will take on this role.
Shall include but not limited to
- Supports the Communications team on publicity tasks related to all TIFF programming, as assigned
- Supports the daily function of the TIFF Press Office by assisting with administrative tasks (press website, database, telephone and email inquiries etc.)
- Writes, researches and edits internal and external documents, including press releases and correspondence as required
- Leverage the media, including print, radio, television, online and influencers to reach a wide range of audiences to secure coverage for TIFF
- Effectively maintains relationships with media, as well as internal and external stakeholders, under the direction of their manager
- Works closely with team members to complete time-sensitive tasks
- Assists with coordination of various press events in the lead up to and during the Festival
- Assists with Festival red carpet logistics
- Research trends, key audience interests and passion points to inform story angles
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- 11 May 2020 – 25 September 2020
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2020.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers